Monday, July 14, 2008

Come hear some of the best women in the music biz!

Targhee Fest is this weekend! This is my favorite event of the summer and this year promises to be as great as previous years if not better. The fantastic lineup includes several female musicians of note: Emmylou Harris, Susan Tedeschi, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, and Carrie Rodriguez.
Emmylou Harris needs no introduction. Susan Tedeschi is a blues-oriented guitarist and singer and her last cd, Hope and Desire, proved that she's got a voice to match her 6-string skills. Grace Potter played at the Moose over the winter and the show rocked. Her sister is a local artist. Carrie Rodriguez is a fiddle player who originally joined forces with Chip Taylor, a veteran singer-songwriter, and is now touring on her own. Her lovely drawl and gorgeous playing always brings my thoughts to Texas, the home state for both of us. She captured my attention on her first cd with Chip and continues to keep me coming back for more.
Of course, there are some fantastic men in the lineup as well including Lyle Lovett, Derek Trucks, Taj Mahal, Martin Sexton (another great live performer), and Tony Furtado. All in all it should be a great weekend.
I'll be the one down front showing my appreciation to these performers by dancing my ass off. See y'all there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great line up. Hell, I wanna go just to worship Carrie Rodriguez and Emmylou up close. Heard some of Carrie's new record last week via a link I was sent (it comes out next month) and it's stunning. Can't wait to see her do the new stuff live! Then, well. Mr. Lovett. sigh...